A first-time back injury can cost as much as $10,000. Severe cases - as much as $300,000.More than one million workers suffer back injuries each year, and back injuries account for one out of every five workplace injuries or illnesses, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, personnel are at greater risk of low back pain if they are exposed to Whole-Body Vibration.
What is Whole-Body Vibration?
- Exposure results from a vibrating machine that is transmitted through the entire body.
- On the loading dock, exposure occurs from operating a forklift or stand up walkie through the body's supporting surfaces.
What is Dock Shock?
- Jarring that occurs when a lift truck crosses between the warehouse floor and trailer bed due to bumps and gaps that exist on traditional levelers.
- Compounds the effects of Whole Body Vibration.
- Worker back and neck injuries.
- Forklift operator muscle fatigue.
- Product damage.
- Damage to equipment, including forklift and walkie wheels, dock seals and bumpers.
Solution: Smooth Transition Dock Levelers by Johnson Equipment
- Constant-radius rear hinge design reduces the bumps and gaps.
- Two-point crown control on the front lip hinge distributes the load evenly,smoothes out the transition between the leveler and the trailer bed, and extends the hinge life.
- Smooth gets smoother- New, standard optimized lip chamfer improves smoothness from the trailer bed onto the leveler by approximately 20 percent. An extended lip chamfer is optional.
- Johnson Equipment Smooth Transition leveler design reduces Dock Shock up to 76 percent!