Johnson Equipment Wheel-Lok®restraints provide the highest level of safety for the application. Wheel-Lok restraints service a variety of trailer types, such as trailers with hydraulic liftgates, drop frame trailers and trailers without an effective rear impact guard (RIG). Full-time communication of the Wheel-Lok status is provided with Corner-Vu and Leveler-Vu part of the Rite-Vu Light Communication System.
Global Wheel-Lok (GWL-2300)
The Global Wheel-Lok automatically sizes the tire and provides easy, accurate trailer positioning.
Manual Wheel-Lok (MWL-1300)
The Manual Wheel-Lok provides simple operation and requires virtually no maintenance.
When to use a wheel-based restraint
Wheel-based restraints are effective in the following situations:
- Trailers without NHTSA-approved RIGs.
- Trailers with damaged or bent RIGs.
- Trailers with hydraulic lift gates.
- Trailers with low-hanging fenders.
Wheel chocks are not the answer
Wheel chocks cannot protect across the range of hazards at the loading dock. There are many problems associated with wheel chocks:
- Slip on oily surfaces, rain, snow or ice.
- Can’t prevent a sudden departure.
- Can be easily driven over.
- Lack a communication system to alert the truck driver and lift truck operator.
- Easily lost, misplaced or stolen.
- Need to stock multiple sizes.
- Require training and supervision.
- Dangerous and time-consuming installation.